<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 01, 2008

Perfect Post, July 2008: Steve Spangler

I am nominating Steve Spangler's "How The Mentos Geyser Works" for a July Perfect Post Award.

All over YouTube there are videos of people dropping Mentos into big bottles of Diet Coke and running away screaming with laughter as the liquid shoots high into the sky like a, well, geyser. Old Faithful, indeed! Steve Spangler's Mentos Geyser is more fun than fireworks, and a LOT less expensive!

Item: Although there are several people claiming ownership of the Mentos Geyser concept, let it be known that the Mentos Geyser was first done by Steve Spangler.

My kids and some of their friends did the Mentos Geyser experiment in my back yard last weekend, which is why I ran Nathen's clothes through the washer and dryer, which is why I took his driver's license out of his pant's pocket and put it on top of the dryer behind the bottle of stain remover, which is why he put on his clean pants and left the license on the dryer, which is why he couldn't find his license the other day which is why he tore his apartment apart searching, which is why he and my daughter drove all the way back down here again yesterday to get it, which is why he got first dibs on being the driver for his trip down to Georgia, beginning this morning.

A lot of people like to do the Mentos Geyser experiment, but not everybody knows the reason why it works. After they read Steve Spangler's blogpost, they will!

Thank you again, Kimberley and Lindsay, for thinking up the Perfect Post Awards, and for encouraging us all to pat someone on the back each month by awarding him/her this honor.

There was one big bottle of Diet Coke left over after the bonfire/cookout/Mentos Geyser party, so I drank it.

No apologies here, and it was soooooo good.

P.S. Someone, and I'm not telling who, dug the Mentos out of the bottom of the Diet Coke bottle after the geyser and ate them, and the rumor mill tells me they were even better than before.

P.P.S. It might not have been me. There were many others at the party. Did you see me do it? Then you don't really know for sure who it was, do you.




Digg!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Posted by Mamacita (The REAL one) @ 12:01 AM | |

>




I am Mamacita. Accept no substitutes! Hitting the fan like no one else can. . .
I'm Speaking at BlogHer 08 Archives Links

My Classical Blogroll

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Mamacita3855. Make your own badge here.


Credits Powered by Blogger

Designed by Swank Web Style
< <






Rings


Honors Blogrolling.com Hot 500

















Etc.


Lijit Search/a> < BlogHer.org Logo





FBorFW.com





Listed Subscribe with Bloglines

View My Public Stats on MyBlogLog.com

Personal Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory
BlogMad!





Listed on BlogShares

BlogBurst.com

DIARIST.NET Registered!


Technorati Tags:

Technorati search





Free Hit Counter

google2413ae3f872b0ce0.html